The Kettlebell Swing is one of the most popular kettlebell movements out there and the one most people are familiar with. The popularity of the kettlebell has arisen largely because of the popularity of the kettlebell swings, but what exactly does the kettlebell swing do for you and how do you do it properly? When taught properly the kettlebell swing increases power and explosiveness across athletics and whether you are trying to improve yourself or gain an edge on the competition, the kettlebell swing will improve your performance.
Get kettlebell workouts in your inbox each week! Sign Up For Weekly Kettlebell Workouts
Our friends Mike Salemi and Mind Pump Media break down the kettlebell swing in this super detailed explanation. The kettlebell swing utilizes a lot of muscles like your quads, glutes, core, shoulders and back in one movement. It is truly a full body exercise. It can be used to build all the muscles previously mentioned as well as help strengthen other lifts. Kettlebell Swings will significantly increase your deadlifting numbers. Increased power and strength in your hips, quads, glutes and core directly translate to better athletic performance and explosiveness which can give you the edge you need in athletic competitions. While others focus on traditional lifts that isolate one muscle, you can create more power and explosiveness throughout your entire body with the kettlebell swing
- Feet about ten inches from kettlebell, toes can be aligned or pointed out
- Set the hips, by pushing your butt back toward the opposite wall (1:46)
- Drive the shoulders away from the ears (2:09)
- Activate the lats by 'bending the handle' (2:27)
- Practice the hike drill (2:40)
- Keep your neck straight, at the bottom the eyes should look down and then look straight ahead at the top
- Move to the kettlebell swing (7:00)
- Get kettlebell workouts in your inbox each week! Sign Up For Weekly Kettlebell Workouts
Also, we publish kettlebell workouts you can get for free in your email inbox each week, learn more here.
Let us know how we can help! Call us at 855-7KETTLE or email us at email@example.com.